Food experienced by a girl who loves chocolate, peanut butter, bacon, cups of tea and all things carbs.

Follow me on Twitter: @Yasminlennie

Search This Blog

Saturday 19 November 2011

Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies

Ok so tonight I was sitting on the couch watching Enemy of the state (P.S How hot is Will Smith in this movie?!) and had a craving for something sweet to eat while watching the movie. The fact that I haven't been grocery shopping means I haven't really got anything in the fridge. Seriously, I don't even have eggs. So I thought I would conjure up something with what I had in the cupboard and fridge. That really meant flour, sugar, butter, peanut butter. That is how these crumbly babies were born. These are like the peanut butter version of melting moments/yo-yo's or whatever you want to call them, and they are seriously addictively delicious! I only made a small amount (about 12 biscuits) so double the quantities if you want more.



Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup white sugar
2 HEAPED tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter (I use woolworths select light crunchy peanut butter)
Approximately 50g of room temp butter (or enough to make the mixture just stick together)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Self-raising flour


Method:
Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees celcius.
I basically just added all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mixed them with a wooden spoon, then worked the mixture with my fingertips until all combined. I basically just kept adding small amounts of butter until the mixture was just able to just stick together (but not really sticking together like cookie dough does). I estimate in total it was about 50g but start small and work it up until it is the right consistency (sorry I never really measure!).
I then rolled small balls and flattened with a fork and placed them on a baking paper lined tray. They are a little crumbly still so be careful when handling.
Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes. Take out of oven and leave on tray for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

It is that easy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment