Food experienced by a girl who loves chocolate, peanut butter, bacon, cups of tea and all things carbs.

Follow me on Twitter: @Yasminlennie

Search This Blog

Thursday 23 May 2013

My version of Thai Beef Salad

I've always wanted to try and make this, but I'm not Thai and I hate not doing other cultures dishes justice. I think I did pretty well with this one.


100g-200g (depending of how much meat you want) lean rump steak chargrilled  medium rare brushed with olive oil - Don't over cook! Leave to rest on a chopping board for about 5 minutes prior to thinly slicing.

Dressing:
Ginger finely chopped (about a teaspoon)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 small red chilli chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon soy sauce

Mix together, and that's the dressing done!
Salad:
Coriander leaves  1 small bunch
Baby spinach leaves a few handfuls
Basil handful from a fresh bunch
1 carrot finely julianned
1 red onion sliced thinly
1 Lebanese cucumber cut small
1 tomato chopped

Toss the salad, add the beef and add the dressing. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment